There are many American-Muslims, especially those in the ghettos of America, who believe they are in a religion but are actually in a cult. I am going to briefly list some things that if you answer yes to you’re in a destructive cult that will not only ruin your life they will destroy your family and irreparably harm your children:
1. If you believe a fatwa or a religious-ruling can make the blood of anyone halal you are in a cult. A Salafi recently told a friend of mine that “Umar Lee’s blood is halal”. If you believe that as part of your religion it can be lawful to take the life of another human irrespective of the law you are in a cult. If you’re a part of a congregation that holds to such beliefs you’re part of a criminal-organization and not a religion that needs to be monitored and investigated. Those making such rulings need to be charged with incitement to murder and sent to prison.
2. If you’re married “in the deen” and think this is sufficient you’re in a cult and you’re not married. In America it is illegal to perform a marriage ceremony outside of legal-sanctions. Yet each year thousands of Muslims are married “in the deen” with two or maybe a handful of witnesses, Maybe with a contract and maybe without one. The vast majority of indigenous Muslims I have met throughout the country are only married “in the deen” and not legally. In many inner-city masjids you will never see a legal wedding. This is what makes polygamy possible ( which I think should be legal anyway) and what enables people to get married 10,20, 30, 50 and 70 times and what makes the mass dysfunction in places like Philadelphia possible.
Sometimes the man doesn’t want to get married legally and sometimes the woman doesn’t wanna get legally married and most often its both. Its just seen as the way things are done. Not wanting to “imitate the kufar”. Not getting married not only means that the woman most often doesn’t have the financial-rights of inheritance and divorce: but the father loses a lot of rights regarding his children.
Regardless if you don’t have a legal paper saying you’re married I hate to break to you but yall two are just fuckin. That’s your girlfriend, your ex-girlfriend or your baby mama.If you got one of those ridiculous “sex only marriages” where yall don’t live together yall are just fuckin. If your got your kids in one of these absurd “sex only” teenage marriages and they both live with their parents not only are they just fuckin and not married but you’re pimpin out your child. I used to say I had been married six times, and six is a very paltry number in the circles I came up in, but in reality I was married once. The other five are just three are just women I was having sex with and two baby mamas. There is no legal registration that can indicate otherwise.
Now if you believe legal-registration and the laws are not important then you’re in a cult.
3. If you are a part of a masjid, organization or religious movement where it is common for underage girls to get married to grown men ( often more than once thus the case of teenage “divorcees”) then you are a part of a cult where serial-pedophilia is practiced. If Muslims didn’t adhere to the don’t air dirty laundry code the public would see there is a sex-abuse scandal in the Muslim community that rivals that of the Catholic Church. It is heterosexual in nature and overwhelmingly exists in African-American masjids and predominately on the East Coast. (Although I do know one homosexual-abuse case with boys at an immigrant masjid in Virginia kept on the hush). Regardless this marrying off of young girls as young as 12 and 13 often to grown men is the behavior of a cult.
4. If you are a part of a group that believes someone can make a fatwa that you can engage in criminal and illegal activity in America such as stealing and murder you’re a part of a cult.
5. If your understanding of religion leads you to hate America and applaud attacks against America you’re in a cult and your mere existence in America is hypocritical.
6. If you’re a high-school dropout and not that bright and homeschooling your children to “keep them away from the kufar” and raising them in extreme isolation not only is this ineffective and your kids will probably rebel when they get they chance as most Muslim kids raised like this do but this is also a sign you’re in a cult. Believe it or not we have illiterate and near-illiterate teenagers in America today who have been home-schooled by their dumb-ass parents in an attempt to keep them pure.
These are just six simple issues. I could think of more if I had time. To be fair this is a small-minority of American-Muslims and the vast majority of Muslims in this country are innocent in all of these matters: but those that practice these behaviors are in a cult and she be looked at in that manner. There are plenty of Muslims excelling and living healthy and productive lives it is a simple matter of asking yourself “do I want to be in a religion or want to be in a cult” and make the right decision.
I completed my enrollment for the Affordable Care Act on December 1st, 2013. I selected the Coventry Health Care-Missouri “silver plan”. I was told to call Coventry and set up payment.
When I called Coventry I was either hung up on, told the computer was down or told they didn’t know what the hell I was talking about.
On Tuesday December 17, 2013 I got a letter from Coventry in the mail asking me to send in my first payment by December 26, 2013 in order to be enrolled on January 1, 2014. The letter was dated December 5, 2013 and sent from Orlando, FL. How the hell does it take a letter 12 days to get from Florida to Missouri? An accident? Or something else going on?
Thursday December 19, 2013 I went to the post office, got my money order and sent in my payment by priority mail which is 3-5 days. So it should arrive December 22-24 two to four days before the deadline. With possibly a Christmas delay. Will wait and see how this plays out.
Look for my STL Stranger column on page 3A of the St. Louis Evening-Whirl today.
When I heard that Dr. Art McCoy was suspended from his position as the superintendent of the Ferguson-Florissant School District I did not know what to make of it. I had known Art as a teenager: but was unfamiliar with his work as an educator. I know that Florissant, like the rest of North St. Louis County is in a period of great transition. North County was built and grew as blue-collar industrial suburbs and our national economy has changed and factories have closed. TWA is gone, Ford is gone, the GM parts plant is gone, Lambert Airport is nowhere near what it used to be, and McDonnell-Douglas has long since sold to Boeing costing the district tens of thousands of taxpayers ( the district logo is the old company logo) . There has also been a massive white-flight out of the district towards St. Charles and Lincoln Counties which has caused property-values to decline. Indeed Florissant and other parts of the district were hit very hard by the sub-prime meltdown. Harder than anywhere else in the state of Missouri. Kinloch now looks like a ghost-town, Robertson no longer exists, and parts of Ferguson and Cool Valley are downright ghetto.
I believe the district does has some issues. Like many schools with a large population of kids from broken homes you will be dealing with fighting, drugs, gang-activity and behavior problems. But that’s nothing new. I went to McCluer North 20 years ago and participated in all four. Those are cultural and spiritual issues that can’t be solved in the classroom or by any educator. To lay the blame on any one person is unfair.
What is clear to me is the divide over Dr. Art McCoy is all about race. Everyone I heard speaking against him was white. Yet they didn’t say much. Art has clearly pissed a lot of white people off but why? The black attendees spoke at length about their support of Art. Why the secrecy from his detractors? Not trying to be funny. I really wanna know. Did he have Farrakhan Day? Substitute pumpkin pie for sweet potato pie? Or is it the whole Normandy and Riverview schools issue?
Again we come back to race. Florissant integrated slow and unenthusiastically. The courts merged the white Ferguson-Florissant schools in the 1970′s with the African-American districts of Kinloch and Robertson. Berkeley soon became majority African-American afterwards. Ferguson began integrating first with apartment-complexes like Wyndhurst in the late seventies. Florissant held off the longest.
White Florissant officers were ordered to harass black motorists for years . A former drunken chief once confronted a black man at a party and yelled “get this in your head Florissant is not an integrated city”. My sister once managed a local eatery as a teenager where she was told to put the forms of black applicants into the “do not hire” drawer. In the 1980′s McCluer North football star Dan McKeon was killed in a racial-fight at a house party by a black kid from Kinloch. I personally witnessed numerous racial fights attending Desmet Elementary, Parker Road Elementary, Cross Keys Middle School, and McCluer North. While there were cross-racial friendships and dating for the most part the schools were divided based on race.
The classic liberal logic is integration creates friendship and understanding. I’m not so sure. Most of the white kids I went to school have said they don’t want their kids going to the same kind of schools they went to and moved out to St. Charles, Lincoln, and other counties.The numbers speak for themselves. The white student population of McCluer North for example has dropped by almost two-thirds since I was a student.
I am not saying all of the problems are on white people and black students are blameless. I am saying that racial issues that go unspoken about and lead to private actions with public consequences can never be good. For sure there are real issues: but deal with them in a public manor.
I am not a pessimist. Normandy held a big meeting last year about the problems in their schools. Almost nobody showed up. 1500 people showed up last night at the school board meeting! Several-hundred students in the narcissistic Nikki Minaj Instagram era protested yesterday in support of Dr. Art McCoy! That is the sign of a healthy community that cares about education. The crowd represented the new flavor of the district. Hard-working black families. If they show up to vote this change will be reflected at the school board and other elected bodies.
The district has a great future. Not all whites are leaving. Look at what is going on on Florissant Road in Ferguson. Restaurants, coffee shops, a micro-brewery, a farmers market and what is developing into a North County version of the Delmar Loop. Not all white Florissant residents are mesmerized by what is going on west of the Missouri River either. Families are maintaining neighborhoods like Old Town Florissant and local businesses like Old Town Donuts, Fritz’s, BJ’s, Cugino’s, and Mattinglys are still thriving.
In addition to that the district is becoming home to a lot of Arab, West African and Latino immigrants. The 1950′s aren’t coming back: but if everyone works together the next decades can be the brightest for the district. However, for this to happen, a transparent board that can deal with the changing demographics is needed and what I saw last night from the board is far from transparency. Fighting hard to hold on to yesterday will not create a better tomorrow.
Having a hard problem posting these videos for some reason but you can view of Redditt Hudson, Chuck Henson and school board member Robert Chabot at my Youtube Channel
Now that the pain of the World Series loss to Boston is over allow me to say a few things:
- if you are the Cardinals fan who smiled and said “aww that is cute” because the Red Sox placed an ad in the St. Louis papers congratulating St. Louis for getting beat you are probably the kind of guy who likes watching his wife get banged and a born loser.
- I said from the beginning Jose Oquendo should have been hired as the manager and the Tea Party Cardinals fan base would not accept it. Can Mike Matheney get the Cards to the finish line? Time will tell but he has had the tools two years in a row and came up empty.
- David Freese is a degenerate alcoholic. Alcoholism and athletics do not mix. This West County frat boy is a disgrace to the team. 2011 was 2011. I don’t wanna see him in a Cardinals uniform any more than I want to see him puking on a Central West End sidewalk again. His addiction has eroded his skills.
-Joe Buck was not cheering for the Red Sox. He just watched Big Papi and gets excited anytime a Dominican goes deep.
- I will say it again. Boston is a soft ass yuppie city second only to maybe corny ass cities like San Francisco or Seattle. On no day is Boston ever stronger than St. Louis. Check the numbers. STL is Murder City.
-Other than that the Cards are in pretty good shape for next season.
Abdi- A Somali refugee living in South St. Louis torn between the deen and the streets
Abdullah-A white convert living in North County also struggling with being in the streets or the deen
Will- A brother from Brooklyn who comes to St. Louis to get clean only to find out there is just as much drama in the STL
Mustafa- A more mature African-American Muslim brothers who mentors the other three as they hustle in the “Milk game”
Set in 1994 the year of Newt Gingrich’s Republican Revolution, the deen is on the rise, gang-banging at it’s peak in St. Louis and the last years of the crack-epidemic this is a story of brotherhood, the realities of the St. Louis police, and what brothers will do to cover up a crime.